Matcha and dark chocolate really are a match made in heaven. The flavours perfectly compliment each other, with earthy...
Turmeric Bliss Balls
This snack really packs a nutritious punch. These bliss balls contain a range of minerals & powerful antioxidants, with the star ingredient turmeric providing anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties.
Turmeric has been in the spotlight in recent years due to its impressive range of health benefits. The active compound found in turmeric, called curcumin, is what gives this superfood its reputation. Curcumin has been found to:
- Prevent and reduce the progression of arthritic conditions
- Aid in pain management
- Improve skin conditions due to it’s strong antioxidant properties
- Has been shown to support cognitive function
- Supports the prevention of cardiovascular disease
These bliss balls are excellent to take on-the-go and store well. The Source Bulk Foods sell pre-picked packs for you to blitz up at home, pop in-store to pick up a pack.
Ingredients (Makes 16 balls)
1 heaped tbsp Turmeric
2/3 cup Almonds
1 cup Walnuts
½ cup Pistachios
½ cup Dried apricots
2/3 cup Shredded coconut
¼ cup Goji Berries
A pinch of Ground black pepper
A pinch of Sea salt
1tbsp melted coconut oil
2 Medjool dates
Optional: Additional shredded coconut to coat each ball.
1. Simply blitz all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture starts to break down. It should form a sticky dense dough-like consistency.
2. Once the desired consistency is formed, roll approximately a tablespoon full of mixture into a ball. Repeat the process until you use up the entire mixture.
3. Optional: Roll and coat each ball in a thin layer of desiccated coconut (tip: a coating helps keep the balls from sticking together when storing).
4. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month.
Feel free to experiment with different nuts and seeds and rotate ingredients weekly to vary your micronutrient intake.